Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 2011

This month has been so busy; I don't know where it's all gone.

This week alone, I took the kids bowling (for FREE). We're heading back Thurday for two more free games of bowling. All we have to pay is the $1.00 shoe rental fee. If you haven't signed up, you can get free bowling for the kids all summer long all over the US at http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/. Eric and I signed up to for $24.00 we get to bowl with them, and we scored $24.00 in restaurant.com coupons.
Today, we tie dyed shirts out front. The ground was still a little wet from the storms last night, but I think they had a good time. I'll post the finished product when they are washed and worn. I lucked up and scored this $30 kit for only $3.00 at Joann's clearance section a few weeks back.



We've also been super busy with baseball. JD has a tournament almost EVERY weekend. So, we spend all weekend at the ball park Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But, there's nothing I'd rather do than watch the boy play some ball.
We're still waiting on a court date. We found out today that our home study agency is on the "R" black list and the court won't accept our homestudy. The agency director is trying to find out what the problem is and get it fixed. If she can't get it fixed, we'll need another home study, which could take three-four more months. We know that this is just a bump. It really hasn't put us "behind"; we're truly ahead of the game. We're about 8 months in, and we were told when we started that it could take over a year to finish the adoption. Now, I would LOVe to be in the "R" country in July, but if it's not in God's plan, then we won't be. I know we will get our girl home in His time. I have faith in that. She will be home when she's supposed to be home and not a day sooner. It's just hard. You have a date in mind, and it comes and goes, and then you hit these bumps. We'll get her home.

Right now, I'm just focusing on the kids at home and enjoying my summer with them. I'm gearing up for the new year. I'll be teaching two blocks of Reading/Language Arts/Writing and one section of Reading. I'm looking for information on block scheduling so I'll be prepared and ready for those 90+ minute classes and controling 25+ 8th graders. I'm super excited about this new schedule. I love writing and teaching writing. I know these blog post aren't super well written. I usually just type as I type without any revision or real thought into what I write. It's all just off the cuff writing, my sloppy copy. :)

I've done a ton of sewing this month. I've monogramed some things for a friend, made a couple baby gifts, sewn Jules a couple outfits and made bunches of doll clothes for Emma and Julianne's dolls. Next up is a matching outfit for Jules and Lyubov and a couple pairs of shorts for JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment