Monday, May 16, 2011

Great News

No, we don't have a date yet, but our paperwork finally made it to the R country. Eric mailed the documents on April 14th, and we received an email on Saturday, that our facilitator had finally received it!!! We don't have to redo it all now. She is going to look over everything and let us know what needs to be "fixed" before she can submit them to court. After everything is ok, she will submit to the court for a date. If the judge likes what he or she sees, then a court date is scheduled. We could be back in the R country as quickly as two weeks, or maybe two months--it just depends what's on the dockett. So, keep your fingers crossed for a quick date, cheap plane tickets, and uneventful travel.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I just found your blog and I am so excited for your family!! I hope everything goes smoothly until you get to bring her home! I just wish I could get my arms around our twins!
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

Reading Widely said...

Happy to see you making progress. I know the wait is hard but you will get there! I'm looking forward to seeing you "After the Rainbow".

Blessings,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator for
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org

Post a Comment