Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Perfect School Planner

I've been teaching for about 13 years now, and I'm always on the lookout for a planner that will make school and home life easier to manage. I've used on-line programs, I've created my own templates, I tried using those little bitty teacher planner books (once, like for a week). Last year, I did a combination of my own template and the school's student agenda. It worked, but not as well as I wanted. I use www.cozi.com for our family life and any big school holidays or events. But, I've been scouring Pinterest and the internet for a planner that I could customize to fit my schedule, and I think I've finally found one!!!

Jenny at Lucky Frog's Lilypad created this one for her blog. It was what I was looking for (with a little modifying). I added a cover page, changed the class periods since I teach a split block schedule, and have a pretty set schedule with planning and remediation classes. Here's my version that you can edit as well (Jenny has the original). I made it fit our nine week schedule, and will print every nine weeks front/back to save copies and have it so I can see a whole week at a time when it's printed. I had put a cute font on it, but it switched when I put it on here--but it's editable. I found the owl clip are here.


This will be part of my teacher binder that I'll start this fall. I've had a teacher binder in the past, but I want one that looks better and is easier to use than before. The following is what I plan on putting in the binder:
1. Lesson plans (see above)
2. Book and locker list (coming soon)
3. Attendance (we take attendance online, but I print it out each month)
4. discipline log
5. Parent contact list
6. Remediation list
7. Grade book
8. Standards (SPi's and Common Core checklists)

Now to find the perfect binder!

1 comment:

luckeyfrog said...

Thanks for linking to me! I'm glad it was helpful.

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

Post a Comment