Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Today I Write

Eric's cousin Andrea lost her battle with cancer this weekend. I met Andrea when Eric and I were still dating, and although I only spent a few days with her over the past 12 years, I knew she was an amazing woman. One I looked up too. I remeber spending Christmases together just talking about our kids and how she was doing with treatment and her speaking engagements. She truly was an inspiration. I was reading her "journal" on caring bridges the other day, and Matt, her husband had posted something that Caroline, her oldest, said the day she passed. As they were reading through her journal she wrote in, not her on-line on, Caroline said "I am so thankful mom has left us this treasure." WOW!!! I feel terrible that I haven't left that legacy for my own children. What if I was gone tomorrow? Would they know the things I found funny or interesting? Whould they know the things I really loved and the things I was scared of? My goal is to write more for my kids. To record the things that make me smile or cry or jump up and down. Some may be here on this blog, some may be in a new journal. But I do want to leave them a "treasure."

Thank you Andrea and Matt and kids for sharing Andrea and your journey with us. She will be missed by so many, but her lessons she has taught us, whether she realized it or not, will live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment