Thursday, July 14, 2011

Life Verses?

So many of my friends have life verses for their families and for their children. I don't. I have verses that help me through things I'm going through, but nothing that is MY verse. I did find this translation and instantly was drawn to it. It says everything: "Become all that God intended you to be. Love Him. Love people. Love the life you've been given." matthew 22: 36-39. So, if I were to choose one verse, I think this one might be it.

But, I know when I'm running and struggling that last leg, I continually quote Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things..." We have James 1:27 hanging on our living room wall in support of our daughter in EE and the sons and daughters of our friends who have been born in other places of the world.

I want my kids to love the Word and find comfort and support in all of it, not just one verse. To my friends who have chosen verses for their families, maybe I'm just a little jealous that I can't narrow it down to one. Maybe I'm just scared of commitment of one verse.

Do you have a life verse? Do your children? Do you have a family verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment