Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Firecracker

 


John David turned nine! Our last year in single digits. He came in with the firecrackers nine years ago today--after 36 hours of labor. But, it wasn't bad. They induced and I laid there for most of it. I pushed for two hours before they decided I needed a C-section. What a wonderful nine years it's been. A few great things about my Johnny D:
*He eats, sleeps and breathes baseball. He's been playing since he was three. For the past three years, he's played on a local travel team. This year, they are awesome--winning most of the tournaments they've played in.
*He loves electronics. Video games, his DSxl, his new ipod touch (he saved and paid for half of it, the other was his birthday present.
*He doesn't love school, and that breaks my heart because I love it so much. He HATES spelling, but does enjoy History and Math.
*He's spending his first week away at camp this year. I really didn't like not being able to see him on his birthday. But, he's having so much fun at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment