Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sister's Name

If you remember, we've had a time trying to come up with a name for Sister. For the past couple of months, she's been just that "sister," "little sister," and even "baby sister." Never a name of her own. The other two kids have family names and "J" names, and we wanted that for her too. We just couldn't decide. We both had our favorites, but Eric wanted to wait and meet her before we committed to anything. And, I'm glad we did. She was nothing that we picked out previously. She was her own person.

We talked about how she's been in the orphanage her entire life. She only knows those four walls. We are taking EVERYTHING away from her. So, we decided to keep her name (at least some of it). We want her to know that we love her, and that we didn't adopt her to change who she is/was. We want her to keep at least something that she knows. We know that when we take her home, she brings with her nothing that she's know for the past two and a half years. Except for her name. As soon as she becomes ours, she will become:




LYUBOV JANE ELLIOTT
pronounced: Louba
Lyubov is her given name. As soon as we met her, I knew I wanted to keep her name. It just fit her better than any name we had come up with. She was so cute and sweet when she would say it. It means "Love" and this child will be loved beyond words. Jane is a family name on my side. I search Ancestory.com for names with a "J" from both sides of our family. I kept coming across Jane and have always loved it. I remember my great aunt Janie when I was little. She was a firey red-head, and I couldn't help but love her. She passed away when I was little, but I always thought of her. Jane is such a strong name too. I want our daughter to know that she can be a strong woman when she grows up.
I'm sure she'll have her own nickname when she gets here; Papa has already decided to call her LouLou. And that's fine with me. She'll be loved no matter her name on her birth certificate. I leave you with a quick video of our day one meeting with our forever daughter. Enjoy!!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow created with Smilebox

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Perfect name for a perfect girl!!!!

Bobbie said...

Your daughter is soooooooooooooo adorable! And about the same age as our little man - hmmmm, where do you guys live :)

Jaime said...

It's absolutely perfect!!

Traci said...

Awwww what a beautiful name! She is gorgeous girl!

Post a Comment