Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chicken Salad

When I was in college at good ole' UTMartin, I worked in the English department office for several years. while working there, I made some of the best friends in the world, including my "boss" Judy. Judy is now a grandmother, although she isn't old enough to be. One of my memories of working in the English Dept. was our "gatherings" with all the professors and work study students. Judy made this amazing Chicken Salad and shared her recipe with me. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it here.

This recipe makes a huge portion. I usually half it for our family (or just me since I'm the only one who eats it).
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (2-3 cans)
3/4 c. white grapes
2Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 C chopped celery
1/2 C pecans or almonds
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Mayo
1/2 C cool whip

Mix and chill!! How easy is that. I like to serve mine with sweet Hawaiian bread or pita bread (croissants are yummy too).

No comments:

Post a Comment