Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Doll Clothes

This week has given me the chance to catch up on some sewing. I love to sew. I don't think about anything when I'm sewing. It's a great release for me.

This week, I've made six doll outfits (some for Emma's birthday and a couple for Julianne) and a Little Blue Boo t-shirt dress out of up-cycled old navy clearance tees (sorry the picture is dark, I made it on my phone). I was worried about sewing on the knits, but it went together pretty easily. The neck is a little tight, but I know how I messed that one up and can fix it next time. I serged most of it, so it went together quickly. The criss-top top is from The Blueberry Moon. I just adjusted the length a little to fit our Rachel and Elizabeth AG dolls as a shirt. The pants are a basic pant template from some generic site; I did add some length to them to make them capris instead of shorts. On the blue ones, I added a double fold ruffle. The shirred orange dress is from Dana at Made (one of my favorite crafty sites). The blue and orange striped dress is from Carpatina; I just serged the hem instead of hemming it (it fits her doll snug, but looks great). The orange top and pants is the same carpatina dress, only shorter so it fits her doll like a top and not a dress. The baseball outfit is reversable to solid red. Emma loves baseball, so I thought she would like it. Velcro closes everything. I do have one dress that I'm going to try with a zipper later this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment